Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tandoori-Spiced Chicken Thighs (Page 363)

  • Date: Sunday, December 23, 2007 -- 7pm
  • Location: Madison, WI
  • Kitchen: My Parents' Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Matty, Teri, Terry, and Spencer
  • Recipe Rating: A-


I had been wanting to make this recipe for a while, but hadn't had the right occasion for it. So I made it for our immediate family Christmas dinner on Sunday. This chicken was excellent. It was simple, and aside from the 8 hours of marinating, it was extremely quick to make. The marinade really penetrated the meat, making it a flavorful Indian dish with an authentic tandoori chicken taste. The meat was broiled, which left it tender and moist. Overall, it was a delicious, easy chicken dish.

Unfortunately, this recipe isn't online.

Matty and I cooked up dinner for eleven tonight. Brad and Deniz arrived last night, and some other family members joined us this evening for a big feast. We made five recipes from The Book, which was exciting because it put me over the 600 recipe mark! It was a goal of mine to make it through 600 recipes by the end of the year, and I did it! These past couple weeks have really made me appreciative of how supportive everyone in my life is of my project. It's wonderful to be able to cook meals from The Book wherever I am, whether it be Bloomington, or Madison, or Columbus (or Boston, or Palo Alto, or Chicago...), and have friends who are willing to eat experimental food and be a part of my project! This whole adventure would be going much more slowly (and be not nearly as fun!) if I only cooked from The Book at home for myself.

I owe a special shout out to Matty, who has eaten a shocking 276 of these 602 recipes! I couldn't ask for a more wonderful dining companion.

602 recipes down and 691 to go! I am excited by how much progress I have made, and looking forward to continuing on for the next couple years!

3 comments:

zopacat said...

check out Mark Bittman's article on Mock Tandoori chicken in the NY Times on May 21 2008 (it's online at the NY Times website)
Have you done it with boneless thighs>

zopacat said...

try Mark Bittman's "Mock Tandoori" chicken recipe on the New York Times website ==it was published on May 21 2008.
Have you tried it with boneless thighs?

Teena said...

That recipe looks good too! I have made this recipe with boneless thighs -- in fact that it what is called for in The Book.