Bulgur and Lentil Salad with Tarragon and Walnuts (Page 152)
- Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 -- 9:30pm
- Location: Somerville, MA
- Kitchen: My Apartment
- Fellow Chefs: Glen, Matty, and Matt
- Dining Companions: Ana, Jessie, and Ronen
- Recipe Rating: B
My beautiful new computer has been behaving really badly -- it likes to shut itself off many times per day for no particular reason. I made an appointment at the "Genius Bar" at the Apple Store in the Galleria this morning. The guy looked at my computer for a bit, deemed it broken, and told me that if I had purchased it in the store he would give me a new one but since I bought it online (from the Apple website) he couldn't. Why that makes sense, I have no idea. He told me to call the online store, which I did, and after an hour on the phone with a really nice tech support guy, he too deemed that my computer needed some serious repair. So I have to send my new baby away. Very sad. I felt very much like I was at the doctor's office -- they kept asking me all these detailed questions about what symptoms my computer was having, many of which I had no good answer too. The guy on the phone's best guess was that it is some temperature regulation problem, which actually makes a lot of sense considering the particular situations in which my computer decides to turn itself off. The only upside of my brand-new computer being broken is that it is still under warranty so I don't have to pay to get it fixed. That's something.
No comments:
Post a Comment