Steak Diane (Page 427)
- Date: Sunday, January 14, 2007 -- 10pm
- Location: Somerville, MA
- Kitchen: Matt's Apartment
- Fellow Chef: Matty
- Recipe Rating: B-
One of my best friends just called to tell me that he received an extremely prestigious fellowship. What was the first thing I did once he told me? I started to cry. I don't know what's wrong with me. I have never been that person -- the person who can't be happy for the good fortune of those she loves. That's not me. But, tonight it was. It's not as though I don't think he deserves the fellowship -- he totally and completely does. And I didn't even apply for it, so there is absolutely no reason for me to react this way. I think I am just so on edge about not knowing where I will be next year that I am behaving totally irrationally. I am happy for him, and I feel really awful about the way I reacted. Oy.
To make myself feel better I am making some ice cream! Ice cream always helps.
No comments:
Post a Comment