Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ruby Red Sea Breeze (Page 8)

RECIPE #35
  • Date: Sunday, July 1, 2012 -- 7pm
  • Location: East Lansing, MI
  • Kitchen: Our House
  • Book: Gourmet Today
  • Dining Companion: Matty
  • Recipe Rating: A-


I made this drink last summer, back when I wasn't pregnant and could drink alcohol! I haven't particularly been missing alcohol during this pregnancy but looking at the picture of these lovely mixed drinks right now does make me wish that I could have one! These drinks were very simple: vodka, grapefruit juice, and cranberry juice stirred together, poured over ice, and garnished with grapefruit twists. Delicious! They were wonderful refreshing and fruity without being particularly sweet. We enjoyed them a lot!

This recipe isn't online.

35 recipes down, 1071 to go!

Well, I am still pregnant! I am 29 weeks and 5 days today, and I am feeling much, much calmer than I did 4-6 weeks ago. Our high risk OBGYN says that making it to 28 weeks is the bronze medal of twin pregnancy. The day I hit 28 weeks my special gentleman had a medal ceremony for me. He even sang the national anthem! He presented me with a bronze medal, repurposed from his swimming days. Here I am, at 28 weeks, wearing my medal:


The silver medal of twin pregnancy is making it to 32 weeks, and I am feeling pretty hopeful at this point that I am going to make it.

This part of the pregnancy is really nice.  I'm not going to lie -- physically, it doesn't feel great. And I have to be quite sedentary or I have contractions and feel pretty terrible. But psychologically, it is so, so wonderful to be at a point where every morning I wake up knowing that if the twins are born today it is highly likely that they will both survive, and probably without serious long-term effects from being premature. And each day that passes, the better the outcomes are! I spent much of this pregnancy very afraid of losing the babies or going into labor so early that they would have severe developmental problems if they did survive. But at this point, the prognosis is pretty good and improving each day! That is a huge, huge relief. So I am completely delighted to be immobile and uncomfortable.

The twins are doing great. At 28 weeks Baby A was in the 49th percentile for weight, and Baby B in the 63rd percentile, for a singleton at 28 weeks! I've got two good size babies in there! Baby A continues to be feisty -- she kicks me a lot and on the ultrasound we watched her kick Baby B in the head several times. To be fair, Baby B is taking up an unfair portion of the room in there. Probably Baby A is just trying to get her to move over.

We are delighted that things continue to go smoothly, and are hoping to make it to the silver medal in a couple weeks! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing well, good luck!