Tomato Barbeque Sauce (Page 479)
- Date: Saturday, February 3, 2007 -- 11pm
- Location: Somerville, MA
- Kitchen: My Apartment
- Dining Companion: Matty
- Recipe Rating: B+
Right now I have mushroom barley soup simmering away on the stovetop and coconut macademia nut banana bread in the oven, both from The Book. Normally this would not be remarkable, but I have been in such a funk lately that I haven't cooked from The Book for more than a week and a half now. I woke up this morning determined to rise above my bad mood though, and here I am, cooking away.
Ok, actually I am sitting in a chair, resting before I clean up the huge disaster I made of my friend's kitchen.
Side note on why I dirtied my friend's kitchen instead of my own (especially strange because he is in San Diego): I find it unbelievably lonely to be alone in a space meant for two. Jessie is in Israel for ten days. She very rarely leaves town for more than a day or two, so I not so used to her being gone so long. And while I don't find it particularly lonely to be alone, it's weird to be just one person in a space for two. So I came to my friend's apartment, where I can be one person in a space meant for one. I didn't even have to break in since I am supposedly watering the plants while he's gone. He won't mind that I cooked in his kitchen (especially since it required adding a few items to his pantry), but I should probably clean up my mess...
No comments:
Post a Comment