Saturday, June 26, 2010

Alioli de Limon (Page 351)

RECIPE #1173

  • Date: Monday, June 7, 2010 -- 6:30pm
  • Location: Westerville, OH
  • Kitchen: Karen and Dave's House
  • Fellow Chef: Matty
  • Dining Companions: Brad, Deniz, Wes, Dave, and Karen H
  • Recipe Rating: B+

This sauce was a component of a recipe I made a few weeks back when visiting my special gentleman's family in Ohio. The recipe that this accompanied was long and complicated, but this recipe was nice and simple. I just stirred together some lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. That was it! The sauce tasted like garlicky, lemony mayonnaise, which I think was the intent. By itself it wasn't incredibly special, but it went very well with the recipe it accompanied (which I will post about next). Everyone seemed to agree that the dish as a whole was indeed improved by this sauce.

This recipe isn't online.

It has a been quite a while since I have blogged. We are in the process of what will be our last move for quite a long time, and meanwhile my special gentleman and I have both been very busy at work. My special gentleman returns to Bloomington this evening, after having been away all week at a conference in New York. I stayed in Bloomington while he was gone because my post-doc mentor at IU organized a small working group this week. Four mathematicians came from out of town and the six of us had an intense week of meetings and talks. It was fun, but exhausting!

The real reason I haven't blogged though is that I couldn't find the cord that connected my camera to my computer. While packing boxes today I found not the cord I was looking for, but an old one. Close enough. My place is a complete disaster area. When we moved into our house in Michigan in October, we took most of the furniture out of my apartment in Bloomington. In the midst of that very complicated move, which involved the house, the apartment, and several storage units, we didn't worry too much about the small stuff in the apartment. I figured I could always bring small stuff in the car on my many trips from Indiana to Michigan in the fall. And indeed, every time I made that drive I packed my car full of boxes. So if you had asked me two weeks ago what was left in my apartment in Indiana, I would have likely answered, "Not much. Just a few kitchen things." Ha! Today I have a different perspective. There are boxes piled high all over the apartment and looking around it seems that probably half the stuff I have here hasn't been packed yet -- not to mention that I still need to pack my office at the university. Moving day isn't until Wednesday, so I have time. But packing just isn't fun. I keep trying to console myself with the thought: "This is the last move! After this we will live together in just one residence!" And I am super excited about that. Less excited, however, about the next few days!

Back to packing...

No comments: