Monday, March 08, 2010

Strawberry Margarita Ice Pops (Page 863)

RECIPE #1116

  • Date: Friday, February 19, 2010 -- 8pm
  • Location: Berkeley, CA
  • Kitchen: Our Temporary California Home
  • Dining Companion: Matty
  • Recipe Rating: A-

Since popsicles with alcohol in them is nothing but sheer genius, I would have made this recipe sooner if I owned popsicle molds. However, I do not. Luckily for me, the house we are renting in Berkeley came equipped with popsicle molds! Whoo hoo! So I took the opportunity to make this recipe. I hulled and halved some strawberries, then put them in a blender with white tequila, superfine sugar, and lime juice. I blended until smooth, strained the mixture, poured it into the molds, and froze them. That was it! These popsicles were tasty and strong! After three-quarters of a popsicle I was feeling tipsy. My special gentleman had to finish mine (and make fun of me for it!). They had a great margarita flavor and a wonderful real-fruit texture. They would be a great addition to a party on a hot summer evening!

The recipe is here.

I finished our taxes this evening. I will admit (slightly embarassed) that this was the first time I had ever done my own taxes. My dad usually does them for me! But I am a real adult now, married and everything, and I figured it was about time I learned some real adult skills. Perhaps I should have thought of this sooner and I could have eased myself in with an easier tax year. This one was a doozy: we got married, we bought a house, we earned income in 3 states, one of which we didn't live in, we lived in separate states for much of the year, my special gentleman had some weird income for which it was necessary to pay self-employment tax, etc... But one federal and three state returns (two part-year and one non-resident) later, the taxes are done! And it wasn't so bad! I don't feel 100% confident that I didn't make any mistakes, but I do feel confident that any mistakes I made were A) small and B) accidental!

No comments: