Sunday, May 12, 2013

Three Pea Stir-Fry (Page 615)

RECIPE #41
  • Date: Saturday, September 15, 2012 -- 6pm
  • Location: East Lansing, MI
  • Kitchen: Our House
  • Book: Gourmet Today
  • Dining Companion: Matty
  • Recipe Rating: B

This simple stir-fry showcased sugar snap peas, snow peas, and frozen green peas, stir-fried in vegetable oil with garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes, then seasoned with soy sauce and sesame oil and served sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds. This was a quick, health dishy with clean flavors. My special gentleman liked this dish quite a lot. I enjoyed it also but wasn't quite as enthusiastic about it as he was. I didn't find it very interesting. It didn't taste significantly different than just stir-frying some peas and throwing soy sauce on them. Not to say that doesn't taste good, but it doesn't get me excited to make the recipe again.  

The recipe is here.

41 recipes down, 1065 to go!

Up until a few days ago when people asked me when I thought the babies would arrive I often said, "Not in the next couple days!" While from the beginning I have lacked any global perspective on when the babies would make their appearance (24 weeks? 28? 32? 34? 36? 38?), I did feel like locally I understood what was going on. At any given moment I was fairly confident that they would not be coming in the next day or two. Well, I have officially lost that confidence. Since Thursday I have been feeling lousy. Throughout the pregnancy I have had various days where I could barely get out of bed, but never so many in a row. I have tried, more or less, to carry on as usual, but it hasn't gone well. At yoga yesterday I almost fainted and ended up sitting on my mat for a while, taking a little break. Then in the afternoon we went to a 4 year-old birthday party for our friends' daughter. I sat on the couch without getting up the entire time yet returned home so exhausted that I fell asleep for two and a half hours. Today I finally gave up trying to be a functioning member of society. I did rally for church (thank goodness our church has some super-comfy gliders in the back for people who can't sit comfortably in the pews!) but I have spent the rest of the day lying on the couch. These past few days even the most minimal walking (e.g. getting up and walking to the bathroom) results in contractions. It's not real labor, but it does make me feel like that may be coming soon.

So we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if I have a few more weeks ahead of me and I am just not going to feel well for those few weeks. I also wouldn't be surprised if I went into labor tonight. At this point, who knows. I feel relatively calm about it. I will be 34 weeks on Tuesday, and at this stage in the pregnancy the babies are likely to do pretty well whenever they arrive. My most ambitious goals from the start have been to make it to 36 weeks and/or 6 pound babies. If that happens I will be completely delighted. But as it is I am happy with how far I've made it with these babies still in there, and I am feeling more or less ready for their arrival, whenever that may be.

No comments: