Thursday, February 08, 2007

Baked Potato Chips (Page 6)

  • Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 -- 8:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Craig
  • Dining Companions: Matty, Ana, and Ronen
  • Recipe Rating: A
I picked this recipe to go with dinner last week because the Hors D'Oeuvres and First Courses section of The Book was the one I was the most behind on. These potato chips were great! They were definitely my favorite recipe of the meal. They were crispy and delicious without being oily. They took a bit longer to cook than indicated in the recipe -- but that was probably because my mandoline doesn't slice as thinly as was indicated. They were still delicious though! We doubled the recipe and the five of us were definitely wishing we had more, so if you make these for a crowd you might want to make several batches. Homemade potato chips are always fabulous and this was an excellent recipe for them!

I have until June 8th to do a pull-up. Exactly 4 months from today. I am starting to worry I am not going to make it.

(Wow, that's scary for a number of reasons -- I can't believe I am graduating in 4 months)

Matt claims I am making progress on my pull-up, and I suppose I can see that he's right. Yet, I still feel quite far from actually being able to do one. Strangely, the progression of my pull-up has been exactly the opposite of the progression of my dissertation. When I entered graduate school, writing a thesis seemed completely unachievable to me. As time passed, I realized slowly that I could do it. And now, so near to the end, it seems like no problem at all. The pull-up, on the other hand, seemed possible from the start. Really, how hard could it possibly be? But the harder I tried, the more I realized how hard it is. So now, even though I am closer to doing it than I have ever been, I feel less confident than I ever have that I will achieve my goal... At least I have 4 more months!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my first time reading Teena's blog. I must admit I was extremely disappointed in her pessimism regarding her pull-up. I think it is safe to say this will be my last time reading her blog - if I wanted this kind of negativity I'd read the news.

Teena said...

I'm sorry you found my blog so disappointing, anonymous reader. Perhaps if you read it more often you would find some less pessimistic entries!