Twice-Baked Potatoes with Basil and Sour Cream (Page 570)
- Date: Tuesday, February 6, 2007 -- 8:30pm
- Location: Somerville, MA
- Kitchen: Matty's Apartment
- Dining Companion: Matty
- Recipe Rating: B-
I did it! Today I officially accepted a job for the next three years. Starting in the fall I will be in the math department at Indiana University in Bloomington! I am really excited. There are really good people there working on the sort of math that I do, so I will have people to talk to and work with. And although I have never visited there, rumor has it that the department is really friendly and Bloomington is wonderful.
I did have a little meltdown on Saturday though about the idea of moving to Indiana. Don't get me wrong, I love the midwest. I grew up in Madison and I adore it there. But I discovered on Saturday that not only does Bloomington not have a Whole Foods, but there isn't one in the entire state of Indiana. I cried.
I will miss Whole Foods. And Christina's spice store. And fresh seafood. But while it's true that I will probably have to do a lot of ordering online to get the crazy ingredients I need for my project, it's a small price to pay for what I think will be a very happy mathematical home for me. Further, I can't even explain what a relief it is to finally know where I will be living next year. Yay!!!

4 comments:
Congratulations. I guess it's ok to ask about the job question now, but there's not much point.
Bloomington is much nicer looking than the other college town to the north, and I'm told that it's nicer to live in as well. That, and you get to live in God's country for the next few years.
mg
Thanks for the tip! I always appreciate a good grocery store!
Congrats! You're just that much closer to Los Angeles...
Thanks e! If you start moving east, maybe eventually we will meet somewhere in the middle!
Post a Comment