Monday, February 05, 2007

Georgian Salsa (Page 896)

  • Date: Saturday, January 27, 2007 -- 8:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Alex
  • Dining Companion: Matty
  • Recipe Rating: B+
I made this salsa because I needed it for the Georgian Pork Stew recipe. It was pretty good. It had a complex, interesting flavor. It was a little too spicy for me, which made it hard to eat as a condiment with the stew. The recipe for the stew called for some of this salsa to be stirred in to it though, and that really enhanced the flavor of the dish. I always find it difficult to grade recipes that are essentially ingredients for other recipes, but this salsa was tasty, and I would make it again in order to make the pork stew again (which was excellent!).

Today was my last registration day at MIT. And tomorrow will be the first day of my last semester. Crazy! I love MIT, and I am so accustomed to being a part of the department there that it is difficult to think about myself being somewhere else next year. Not knowing exactly where I will be doesn't make it any easier to imagine, of course!

As planned, today was a better day than the past few. Nothing particularly good happened, but for the first day in a while, nothing particularly bad happened either! It was a typical registration day: free food, socializing, having Haynes sign my form in place of Lars, who is back in Japan. I packed myself an awesome lunch, which is key for having a good day. And after work Matt and I went running, which also improved my attitude about things quite a bit. Tomorrow is going to be even better! That's my plan...

No comments: