Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Grits Pudding with Cheese (Page 486)

  • Date: Saturday, January 27, 2007 -- 8:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Alex
  • Dining Companion: Matty
  • Recipe Rating: B
This recipe was the suggested accompaniment for the Georgian Pork Stew recipe. These grits were pretty good. I have had grits with cheese many times (although usually cheddar), but I never would have guessed that grits could hold as much cheese as these did. There was a tremendous amount of mozzarella melted in to this dish, giving the grits an incredibly cool, stringy texture. I hesitate to say this, but I think it was actually too much cheese! I know, I know, it's hard to imagine. Especially since I love cheese so much -- but these grits were so rich with cheese that I couldn't eat as large a serving as I would have liked to. They were good though, and a fine accompaniment for the stew.

Today I felt like myself again for the first time in a couple weeks. Well, actually, I felt sick. I acquired some sort of cold. But that aside, I had a good day. I managed to get some work done at the office. After work I dragged my not-so-healthy self to the grocery store, bought a few things, and made dinner at a very relaxing and leisurely pace.

It turns out I just needed an attitude adjustment.

My favorite attitude adjusting technique is standing on furniture. I'm not sure why this works, but from another 2 feet up, things always seem better. After five minutes standing on a chair, my mood is inevitably improved. I highly recommend. In my experience, people might think you are a little nuts, but at least for me, that's not so concerning. Chris took this picture of me at his place, adjusting my attitude one evening last year. In this particular photo I am standing on a rocking chair, which is the best of all possible choices of furniture to stand on!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Altitude adjustment = attitude adjustment. Laying on the floor works the best for me - but it's the same idea!

Teena said...

Yeah laying on the floor is good too. Although then I just usually fall asleep... Come to think of it though, sleep improves my attitude too!