Sunday, April 29, 2007

Coffee Bourbon Barbeque Sauce (Page 898)

  • Date: Friday, April 20, 2007 -- 7pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: Matty's Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Matty
  • Recipe Rating: B-


I picked this barbeque sauce to make a couple weekends ago because it didn't require a trip to the grocery store. My plan had been to make a baked, basted chicken barbeque dish with this sauce. However, my plan was foiled by the fact that this sauce was ridiculously thin. I don't think this can rightfully be called a barbeque sauce since there is no way that it would adhere to anything nearly enough to be useful while barbequeing. I kept waiting for the sauce to thicken in my baked barbeque dish, but instead I ended up with overcooked chicken sitting in a thin pool of watery sauce. In an attempt to salvage the dish, I stir-fried some vegetables, added some of this sauce as a stir-fry sauce, and added the cut-up chicken. It wasn't bad... The flavor of this sauce was pretty good. The coffee and soy sauce in the recipe complemented each other nicely. It made a nice sauce for the stir-fry, but it definitely should not be advertised as a barbeque sauce.

I am so exhausted... I went to the shelter this morning, as is my usual Sunday routine. I went straight from there out to Framingham to visit with Michael and Chris. I multi-tasked a bit by hanging out with Chris while grocery shopping for dinner. Then I drove back into the city and made dinner for one of my close friends and his parents (who are visiting for the weekend), and a cake for Matty's birthday tomorrow. Now I am exhausted. I would just go to sleep, but that would involve getting up to brush my teeth, and I can't even motivate to do that!

Despite being a little too busy, my weekend was nice. Yesterday I got a lot of work done, had a fun dinner out, and watched a strange movie about a dingo eating a baby... (true story apparently).

Ok, I am too tired to type any more -- time for bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.

Dingo ate my baby.