Saturday, April 14, 2007

Grilled Pizza Margherita (Page 195)

  • Date: Saturday, April 7, 2007 -- 8pm
  • Location: Cambridge, MA
  • Kitchen: Alex and Gunther's Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Alex
  • Dining Companion: Gunther
  • Recipe Rating: A-



Alex and I chose this pizza last weekend because we were looking for a yummy grilled recipe that we hadn't made yet. This pizza was quite good. The crust was delicious (see post below), the sauce was minimal but nice, and one can never complain about cheese and basil! The pizza did come out a bit too oily I though. For some reason the recipe has you mix some oil in with the cheese before topping the pizza with it. I had never done that before when making pizza and it's not clear to me what the benefit was. I would recommend omitting the oil at that stage and also reducing the amount of oil that goes in to the pizza sauce. This recipe it a keeper though. It was simple, fresh, and flavorful.

I am in sunny (ok, honestly: rainy) Bloomington, Indiana! I am here for the weekend, looking for an apartment. It's my first time in Bloomington, and since I am going to be living here for the next three years I was anxious to see if I would like it. Fortunately for me, it's really nice here! After driving from Chicago this morning, I saw some apartments, ate a late lunch at a nice little sandwich place, and (of course!) checked out one of the local cooking stores. The town is indeed small, but the downtown area is really nice, and there seem to be a lot of options for eating, etc... I am looking at apartments in the downtown area. I figured that would ease the transition between city life and small town life. Plus, I have always wanted to live above a storefront!

Wish me luck on my apartment hunt!

No comments: