Sunday, April 01, 2007

Slow-Roasted Leg of Lamb (Page 501)

  • Date: Monday, March 26, 2007 -- 7pm
  • Location: North Conway, NH
  • Kitchen: The Talbot House
  • Fellow Chef: Vero
  • Dining Companions: Andre, Chris, Matt, Vigleik, Ricky, Big Mike, Andrew, Jnkf, and a bunch of other mathematicians!
  • Recipe Rating: A-

I picked this recipe to make for Talbot because it could easily be made in huge quantities, and I figured lamb cooked for 5 hours couldn't be bad! Indeed, it was pretty good. The spice marinade and citrus-honey basting liquid gave the lamb a lovely flavor. Plus, the meat was tender and falling off the bone after the slow roast. I roasted this 2 days in advance, and once we arrived at Talbot Vero took all the meat off the bone and heated it with the pan juices. It was very nice that way. We served this in the same meal as falafel pitas and roasted cauliflower. I thought that it all went quite well together.

I'm defending tomorrow.

Last night I stayed in Southboro, at Richard and Anita's house. Being out there, in the suburbs, surrounded by woods and water, I always feel calm. Anita made dinner, and after organizing dinner for 25 people all week, being served by someone else was about the best thing I could imagine!

Tonight I am back in Somerville, feeling decidedly less calm. I am sitting under a big down blanket though, listening to the same Garth Brooks album that I have been listening to for weeks, and I feel mildly comforted.

I am trying to remind myself that I have done lots of things in my life that I didn't think I could do. This is just another one... Plus, so many people that I care about will be there to support me, which is awesome! Wish me luck...

No comments: