Friday, April 06, 2007

Tiny Chocolate Chip Cookies (Page 662)

  • Date: Friday, April 6, 2007 -- 10pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Matty, Matt, Ana, Vero, and Jessie
  • Recipe Rating: A-


I picked this recipe because I had all the ingredients for these cookies in the pantry. As I was making these, I spent most of the time thinking, "I can't believe I am doing this!" Imagine making an entire batch of cookies, dropping the dough on the cookie sheets in 1/2 teaspoons at a time. It was easily the most labor-intensive batch of chocolate chip cookies I have ever made. From the picture I don't think you can appreciate how small these cookies are -- they are really tiny! The recipe, which makes less dough than the standard chocolate chip cookie recipe on the bag of chocolate chips, makes 12 dozen of these cookies. What I am saying is this: they were a pain in the ass to make. But, when it comes to food (and baby clothes), things that are small are cute! So, these cookies were a pain, but they are adorable. And they make delicious little bites -- crispy around the edges but still soft in the center. The ratio of ingredients was also right on. The cookies came out buttery, chocolatey, and delicious. And although making teeny tiny cookies seemed a little silly at the time, they are indeed, as The Book claims, the most refined chocolate chip cookies I have ever seen.

Jacob's incessant fat jokes, although in jest (I hope!), have gotten to me enough that I decided it was time to go back to the gym. When I walked in to the weight room yesterday, I had the feeling that I hadn't been there in a couple weeks. Looking at my work-out sheet, however, revealed that my last trip to the gym was on March 1st. Oh dear!

It never ceases to seem strange to me that when you are going to the gym ever day, or every other day, it is so easy to motivate to go. But if you happen to stop for a few days, it's so hard to motivate to go back... I am, however, going to get back on my every other day schedule, because I have a mere 2 months to learn to do a pull-up. And although my pull-up progress didn't actually suffer as much as I feared it had, I am still a ways away.

I have the feeling that these first few weeks back in the gym are going to be a struggle though. My run yesterday was pitiful, and today I am quite sore.

2 comments:

vero said...

Down with Jacob!

vero said...

I was inspired by your cookies and tried my own. Not quite as successful. See
http://theboozeproject.blogspot.com/
for details.