Thursday, September 07, 2006

Brown Butter Sauce with Lemon (Page 883)

  • Date: Wednesday, September 7, 2006 - 7pm
  • Location: Cambridge, MA
  • Kitchen: Alex's Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Alex
  • Dining Companion: Gunther
  • Recipe Rating: B+

Alex and I picked this recipe because it is from the "Sauces and Salsas" section which is still the section I am the most behind on! This sauce was pretty good. We served it on roasted asparagus. The lemon flavor in the sauce was nice but it wasn't strong enough to come through over the flavor of the asparagus. Next time I would probably increase the amount of lemon juice. On the asparagus the sauce tasted mainly like butter, although the browning of the butter gave it a nice, subtle depth. Overall this was a good, simple sauce that work would well on a variety of vegetables.

Last night Alex and I made dinner, and ate with his new roommate Gunther. Alex was the official bar man of the evening. We had leftover mint from our cooking, so Alex muddled us some mojitos. Here's a picture of Gunther rating his mojito -- it almost got a thumbs up! Then I forced the guys to watch Project Runway with me (since I don't have cable at my place!). They gave me a hard time, but I think they secretly liked it! I have a soft spot for reality TV shows where the contestants have actual talent. My favorite: Top Chef! But Project Runway is a close second. Maybe I just only like reality TV that's on Bravo...

I can tell that the academic year has started because the number of emails I get per day has increased about ten-fold since last week. Well that and I went to class this morning!

No comments: