Monday, September 25, 2006

Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic (Page 530)

  • Date: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chefs: Ana, Peter, and Craig
  • Dining Companions: Marco and Matt H
  • Recipe Rating: A

Ana picked this recipe to go with dinner on Wednesday. This cauliflower was excellent! The recipe was fantastically simple, but yet none of us eating it could think of a better preparation of cauliflower. The roasting really brought out the best in the cauliflower -- it came out perfectly cooked, flavorful, and delicious! For a simple vegetable side dish, I highly recommend this one!

Today is a suicide prevention day (aka "Student Holiday") at MIT, which means that there are no classes or seminars. In the spirit of the holiday, I promised myself that I would wake up this morning and do whatever seemed like it would be the most beneficial to my mental health. I would have guessed that that would have involved a long run and a lot of relaxing. In fact, it turned out that I did all the things that I never have time to do: I went to the RMV, grocery shopped, cleaned the kitchen, did laundry, replied to emails, etc... And indeed, I do feel much better now! I hadn't done laundry in more than a month. This is not good. My underwear supply was running dangerously low, and I was running out of sport bras for the gym that weren't saturated with dried sweat. Mmmm.... Now I have lots of clean clothes -- very exciting!

As promised, here is a picture of the cake I decorated in my class last night. I like this cake. It's not really my style, but whenever I look at it, it makes me smile. After the day I had yesterday, that's worth something!

1 comment:

ana rita said...

:) I feel so important when it says "Ana picked this recipe".