Friday, September 15, 2006

Flourless Chocolate Cake (Page 739)

  • Date: Friday, September 8, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Cambridge, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Izzet, Brett, Pierre, Kay, Elizabeth, Karl, etc...
  • Recipe Rating: A-

Pierre and Kay had a wine and cheese party last Friday and I made this chocolate cake to bring. It was quite good. The cake was simple to make, yet attractive. And it was wonderfully moist. The chocolate flavor was intense without being too bitter. If you are looking for an extremely rich and chocolatey dessert, this is an excellent choice! I recommend letting it cool slightly longer in the pan than the recipe indicates though. My cake crumbled a little around the edges when I flipped it out on to the cooling rack. It held together much better once it was cooler.

I had a lousy day today. I was feeling miserable all day, for a variety of reasons. I dragged my miserable self to the gym after work, since that usually helps snap me out of a bad mood. After the gym I was walking down Memorial Drive, looking out over the river and the perfect song started playing on my iPod. It was one of those moments that changes your whole outlook. I turned the volume all the way up on my iPod and noticed for the first time all day how beautiful the weather was. The sun was setting as I walked, and it was breezy and lovely outside. And now I feel better. It's funny how such small things can make such a big difference...

2 comments:

ana rita said...

:)
good.

Matthew said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt