Sunday, September 17, 2006

Meatballs in Tomato Sauce (Page 448)

  • Date: Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Alex
  • Recipe Rating: C+

Alex and I picked this recipe because meatballs sounded so tasty! This recipe was not so good though. The meatballs had very little flavor (they needed more salt for one thing) and their texture was not good. They were stringy in a way, which I think came from the grated onions. Texturally, finely chopped onions would have been a huge improvement. The tomato sauce was nice though. I definitely would not make these meatballs again. I still don't really understand why they were so bad, but they were not too enjoyable to eat.

I had my cake decorating class today. I meant to take a picture of my creation and post it here... maybe I will post it tomorrow. We were learning to make roses, so my cake is a semi-hideous sea of purple roses! This decorating class has been interesting so far, but it is the sort of cake decorating I don't usually do. If you look at my little cake gallery you will notice that there aren't any roses! It is fun though to do something different once in a while, and these are skills I should have.

Soren is in town for the week so after my class we had dinner. I ate so much frosting (again!) during class, that I wasn't really hungry, but we still had a nice meal. After dinner he helped me finish up a cake I made for the annual topology party at Haynes' house. It is not covered in purple roses!

No comments: