Sunday, September 03, 2006

Steamed Broccoli with Caper Brown Butter (Page 524)

  • Date: Saturday, September 2, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Ana
  • Recipe Rating: A

Ana Rita picked out this recipe to go with the dinner we made together last night. This recipe was excellent. The broccoli was perfectly cooked and the caper butter was lovely. The browning of the butter gave the dish a wonderful flavor. The capers went surprisingly well with the broccoli. Ana pointed out that the saltiness/brininess of the capers wasn't at all overpowering like you might expect it would be. This was a wonderful broccoli preparation. The dish claimed to serve 4 people and the 2 of us pretty much finished it! We liked it that much!

I have been feeling lately like I am in need of one day where I don't do any work. So yesterday I took the day off. I cleaned the bathroom, hung out with Marco for a while, made 4 trips to 3 different grocery stores, finished the novel I've been reading, made dinner with Ana, and just relaxed. It was really nice. When I am working a lot I need to take some space from it every once and a while. It helps me re-motivate.

My thesis advisor, Lars, is back from Japan, and we had a good chat on Friday. He was encouraging about job stuff, etc... It was good to talk to him. Having him away so much has really reminded me how nice it is to have your advisor around. I'm looking forward to him being here this semester!

Today is Bridget's birthday! Happy Birthday Bridge!

Mike is in town and he is coming to the homeless shelter with me. Time to go pick him up...

1 comment:

ana rita said...

Yay, it got an A!
The broccoli was so good that I kept thinking about it today at lunch while I had the leftover pesto I brought from your house last night. :)