Saturday, September 30, 2006

Warm German Potato Salad (Page 149)

  • Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 9pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chefs: Peter and Matt H
  • Dining Companions: Ana and Glen
  • Recipe Rating: B+

Ana and I picked this potato salad to go with dinner on Wednesday. It was quite good. The primary complaint people made was that it was a little dull. It was, indeed, quite simple. I liked that about it though. It reminded me of the German potato salad I often ate in Wisconsin when I was young. Several people were glad to have a potato salad without mayonaise, although Ana admitted that she would have preferred it with some mayo! I thought this was a nice simple recipe for a satisying potato salad that would go well with a variety of entrees.

Today a group of us went to the chocolate bar at the Langham hotel in Boston. It is a huge buffet, with 8 or 9 tables of chocolate desserts. I tried at least 15 different things, and that was a very small fraction of the chocolate desserts available! Mmmmm... am so full of chocolate now! Some of my favorites: a white chocolate lime panna cotta, a hazelnut and banana brioche panini, Opera cake, and of course the chocolate fountain! Everything is cut small so you can enjoy lots of desserts. Ana and I also shared everything we tried in order to maximize the number of different desserts we could eat! Here's a picture of Vero with a plateful of chocolate delicacies.

The trip to the chocolate bar was the beginning of my effort to do fun Boston things before I graduate! I am making a list, and I would love some suggestions...

1 comment:

Peter said...

I'm commenting here only for posterity's sake--I still haven't gotten over the bacon incident.