Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Tomato, Garlic, and Potato Frittata (Page 632)

  • Date: Saturday, September 16, 2006 - 1pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Marco
  • Recipe Rating: A-

Marco picked this recipe for brunch/lunch on Saturday. It was quite good. The frittata was beautiful in addition to being tasty. It had a lovely fluffy texture, and the potatoes, tomatoes, and basil went very well together. My only complaint is that it coud have used more salt (and/or more cheese). Marco and I both enjoyed it though. For a simple brunch dish, this was a great recipe!

It's late, but for some reason I don't feel like going to bed. Usually I look forward to curling up under my covers and drifting off to sleep. Tonight though, I just feel peaceful and content where I am. It was a nice evening. I went for a walk in the rain, and stopped by my friend's house to have a cup of tea. I have this dream of having the sort of friendships where you can just stop by unannounced. In college we did that. I suppose it's not a fair comparison -- everyone lived closer together then for one thing. I think it is a sign of a very high comfort level though when you can just show up on someone's doorstep and trust that if he (or she) is busy he will send you away, and if not he will be happy to see you! I think I may have made a new friend, and he lives very close by, which makes the whole stopping-by-unannounced thing more practical. I'm still not sure it's totally practical -- the people I know are so busy, maybe they are never really happy to have uninvited guests. But the idea of it is so nice...

No comments: