Saturday, November 25, 2006

Buttermilk Corn Bread (Page 380)

  • Date: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 7pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Matty, Ana, Terry, Teri, Richard, Anita, Richard H, Michael, Ephraim, Chris, and Renato
  • Recipe Rating: B-
This corn bread was a component of the stuffing I made for Thanksgiving dinner. It was fine in the stuffing, but it wasn't great as cornbread. I made an extra half a pan of it to eat (because I love cornbread!), and I was disappointed. It didn't have a rich cornbread flavor. In fact, it was rather bland. For one thing it needed more salt. Also a higher ratio of cornmeal to flour would have helped. Matt discovered a way to make it taste good: heat it up and then slather it with butter and honey. But honestly, that would make almost anything taste good! This cornbread served its purpose in the stuffing recipe, but I wouldn't choose this recipe to make cornbread again.

My parents are in town for the weekend, so today after spending the morning at the office, I went shopping in the afternoon with my mom. She loves to shop! They are staying at the Copley Marriot, which conveniently has two malls adjacent to it... we bought a few things. My father joined us later in the afternoon to go to the Bodyworlds exhibit at the Museum of Science. It was not exactly what I expected. I enjoyed it, although it was so crowded that it was difficult to really look at things as thoroughly as I might have liked to. My mother just thought it was gross. Her comment was, "Well I'm glad we didn't eat right before the exhibit."

I'm so sleepy. I'm hanging out with Chris and I can barely stay awake. I'm not trying to infer that he's boring. I'm just really sleepy. I think all that shopping wore me out. I probably took off and put back on my clothes more times today than I normally would in two weeks!

No comments: