Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Confit Garlic Cloves (Page 934)

  • Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2006 -- 9pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Craig
  • Dining Companions: Glen, Jessie, Ana, and Matty
  • Recipe Rating: C-
I picked this recipe to go with dinner last Wednesday because it was from the Basics section, which is going very slowly. This recipe was terrible though. We were supposed to end up with garlic cloves that were "soft enough to fall apart when touched." Instead we ended up with chewy little garlic rocks. (I know, I know, most rocks aren't chewy, but these were!) I don't know what happened -- we followed the directions carefully, cooking the garlic over very low heat. The oil that the garlic was cooked in did taste quite good in the end, but the garlic cloves were a complete loss. Yick.

I bought my place tickets yesterday for Christmas (for anyone who may be interested, I will be in Madison from December 19 - January 6 and in California from January 6 - January 21). So many people that I care about are in so many different places these days that it was hard to figure out where to travel to and for how long. In the end I realized that by mid-January I will probably be panicking about job stuff, and Emilee seemed like the right person to be near when I am panicking! Lucky her! I am looking forward to spending a couple weeks in Madison too. I haven't been there for more than a few days in several years. It will be nice to have some time to visit with my extended family, see my old friends, etc... I may also try to fit in a couple mini-trips to visit some other friends scattered throughout the midwest! One of my favorite things about the holiday season is that it is such a wonderful time to see people that you don't see often enough!

No comments: