Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Citrus Syrup (Page 714)

  • Date: Friday, November 17, 2006 -- 10pm
  • Location: Cambridge, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Alex, Gunther, Mary Beth, Lindsay, Carol, Clotilde, etc...
  • Recipe Rating: B
This syrup accompanied a cake I made for Alex and Gunther's Harvard-Yale party last weekend. It was essentially a simple syrup where the water was replaced by orange and lemon juices. The net result was an extremely strongly flavored syrup. It was difficult to eat by itself, but drizzled on the citrus chiffon cake it was pretty good. I thought it was a touch too sweet, so I would cut back the sugar by a bit if I were to make it again.

First off, congrat to Ana, who passed her quals this afternoon! Yay!!!

I'm excited about Thanksgiving tomorrow. Holidays that revolve around food are my favorite. This evening, after my first trip to the airport of the day (dropping Matt off) I made three pies. I had only one minor mishap when I realized I was out of light brown sugar. Mysteriously I had three boxes of dark brown sugar, but no light! I couldn't leave home since I had things in the oven and things on the stove but luckily Jacob bailed me out! He was stopping by to pick up a book so he brought me some sugar... And I successfully turned the sugar (and a few other things) in to pies! In a few minutes I am headed out for my second airport trip of the day (picking Chris up) and then out to Southboro for the night.

In case I don't blog tomorrow, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! Among the many things I am thankful for, I am thankful to everyone who keeps up with and helps out with my project. You all are awesome!

1 comment:

ana rita said...

thank you (I feel so relaxed now) :)
and thank you for having me over for thanksgiving :)