Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Chicken Sate with Peanut Curry Sauce (Page 55)

  • Date: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 8:30pm
  • Location: Cambridge, MA
  • Kitchen: Alex's Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Alex
  • Recipe Rating: B+
Alex has a grill and I do not, so when we cook at his place, we try to always make something grilled. We chose this one to go with dinner on Monday because it was both grilled and from a section that I am behind on. I liked it quite a bit -- Alex wasn't as excited about it. I thought the grilled chicken was good -- the marinade was subtle, but it caremelized nicely on the outside of the meat, giving the chicken some delicious crunchy spots. I liked the sauce a lot. It was a thicker sauce, and had a grainier texture than the typical peanut sauce that goes with this dish. Instead of being made with peanut butter, it was made with fresh ground peanuts. I liked the thicker texture though. It also had a wonderful coconut flavor. The curry was very mild -- it seems almost wrong to call it a peanut curry sauce. It was yummy though, and easy to throw together!

Just as I am nearing getting caught up with my blogging for the first time in months (I am only 2 recipes behind right now!), the Wednesday crew is coming over to make dinner tonight! So tomorrow I will be behind once again! Ana is excited -- she's been chasing Marco in the recipe count for weeks now, but tonight she is not only going to pass him, but she's going to pass 5 other people too, putting her in 2nd place after Chris! I wonder if Chris will visit to do some cooking once Ana starts threatening his top spot!

Alex added another cool feature for the people that cook/eat for the project a lot... if you go to the Project Index on the right, click on your name and scroll all the way down it shows which people you have cooked/eaten the most with. You can see how many recipes you have participated in, and of those how many you made/ate with the other people you cook/eat with frequently. It's pretty fun!

No comments: