Friday, November 03, 2006

Tuna and Artichoke Panini (Page 187)

  • Date: Monday, October 30, 2006 -- 8:30 pm
  • Location: Cambridge, MA
  • Kitchen: Alex's Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Alex
  • Recipe Rating: B
The last time Alex and I cooked together we started exploring the "Sandwiches and Pizzas" section of The Book, so we figured we would continue that trend on Monday. These sandwiches were pretty good. They were a little briny for me, but Alex didn't mind that. The mayonaise blend with olives and capers was tasty, but it came out thinner than I might have prefered. Consequently it absorbed in to the bread quite a bit, making the bread a little soggy. Overall though, the flavors in this sandwich were good, and I enjoyed eating it. It was also extremely easy to throw together.

The last few days have really been a reminder of how wonderful the people in my life are. On Wednesday I got home from work to find that Paul had sent me a package! It contained, of all things, gummy bacon! I had never seen gummy bacon before, but it made me so happy. He really likes bacon (we had planned festivities for our own "international bacon month" but he moved away before we could execute them) and both of us love all things gummy. It was just a really perfect gift.

Then last night I had dinner with Jonathan, who is a friend from college. He's a grad student at Brown, but we don't see each other nearly as often as we should. It was so nice to have dinner with him and catch up... The wonderful thing about old friends is that they already know the back-story to everything. Jonathan knows my family, and my friends from college, and all about my life before MIT. Since many of the people that I was really close to in Boston moved away recently, this fall I have spent a lot of time building new friendships -- which is totally fun, but it was nice to spend some time with someone who already knows everything about me... Yay for old friends!

No comments: