Sunday, November 19, 2006

Parsley-Leaf Potatoes (Page 568)

  • Date: Sunday, November 12, 2006 --8pm
  • Location: Chicago, IL
  • Kitchen: Vigleik and Shihchi's Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Shihchi
  • Dining Companion: Vigleik
  • Recipe Rating: A-
Viglek, Shihchi, and I picked this recipe to go with dinner last Sunday because we were looking for something quick and easy, and this dish fit the bill. These potatoes were simple, but very good. They crisped nicely along the exposed surface. The presentation was also quite nice -- much more elegant than a typical baked potato. One negative comment: since the potatoes were halved on the diagonal, the thick ends took longer to cook than the thin ends, and in particular they took longer to cook than indicated in the recipe. That said, this recipe was great. It was simple, elegant, and delicious!

When I was in college I was really good at forgiving people. In fact, my good friends from college would probably tell you that I forgave certain people much too easily. Sometimes that led to unpleasant situations, but nonetheless it was a quality that I really liked about myself. I was able to love and care about people almost independently of how they treated me. That's not as true any more. I have noticed lately that I am more likely to hold on to things, and to continue to feel hurt by them over time. I haven't yet gotten bitter, but still I don't really want to evolve in that direction. Learning forgiveness is a hard thing though. And the really problem is, it has never been something that I have had to work for before. So while I know that forgiveness is something that you can work towards, I don't know how to do it if it doesn't just come naturally to me. I guess that is something to try to figure out...

1 comment:

Clotilde said...

Hey Teena, Alex gave me the address of your blog, so I'll follow your progress from now on. I'm kind of interested in starting my own full book coverage project, but I'm not sure that I have the patience and dedication...