Sunday, May 27, 2007

Indian Baked Rice (Page 258)

  • Date: Sunday, May 13, 2007 -- 8pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: Matty's Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Matty
  • Recipe Rating: B


I made some dal a few weeks ago, so I made this Indian rice to go with it. This recipe wasn't bad. Cooking the rice in chicken stock and then adding the Garam Masala, ginger, jalapeno, etc... gave it a nice flavor. The toasted almonds complemented the flavor and texture of the rice well. My only complaint is that it was really dry. I was skeptical about cooking 3 cups of rice in only 4 cups of liquid, and indeed it came out dryer than I would have hoped. The rice was still tender though, and I enjoyed eating it.

I am starting to get excited about graduation! Truth be told, I am skipping the big graduation ceremony. It's really long (they call every name!) and it's outside, so usually it is hot and uncomfortable! They have a special hooding ceremony though for the people receiving PhDs, and that I am excited to go to. Plus, I am going to have a graduation party!

Mainly, though, I am excited because so many of my family and friends are coming! My brother Spencer is coming a week from tomorrow for the whole week. Then my parents fly in that Wednesday, and Emilee flies in on Friday! Plus, Matt, Chris, and Mike will all be here too! It is going to be so wonderful to have so many people that I care about all together in the same place!

Off to the shelter now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could I also request a copy of this recipe?

MG

vero said...

Yeah! An other rice recipe!