Friday, May 11, 2007

Mache with Raw Asparagus, Pistachios, and Parmigiano-Reggiano (Page 135)

  • Date: Sunday, April 29, 2007 -- 7pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: Matty's Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Matty
  • Dining Companions: Karen H and Dave
  • Recipe Rating: A-


I picked this salad for dinner a couple weeks back because it was one of the few simple green salads I hadn't made yet. It was pretty good. Mache is a nice green -- flavorful without being bitter. I haven't made too many dishes with raw asparagus in them, but it was nice. It provided a bit of crunchiness and bite, while contributing that excellent asparagus flavor. The pistachios were lovely, but there should have been more of them. They were entirely too easy to miss. The vinaigrette was simple, clean, and tasty. And the shaved Parmigiano on top was perfect. Overall it was a nice salad. There was nothing terribly exciting about it, but it every ingredient worked well, and they went well together.

I TURNED IN MY THESIS!!! As of 2pm this afternoon, I am a free woman! Whoohoo!!!

Wow, honestly I thought this day would never come. But I did it. I handed in 3 copies, on acid-free archival paper, with the correct covers, and clips, and signatures. And now it's done! It hasn't quite sunk in yet. All afternoon and evening I have still had that little "you should be working on your thesis" voice in my head. Hopefully that will quiet itself soon!

Tonight I am not celebrating exactly, but I am having a quiet evening out in Framingham, staying with Michael while her husband is away for the evening. We worked on perfecting her organizational system for her medications, and we curled up under blankets on the sofa and watched a movie. (Well, ok, truth be told Michael watched the movie and I almost instantly fell asleep. I woke up just for the ending, to see a bunch of people fleeing a mental hospital via helicopter...)

This weekend I am just going to relax, enjoy the weather, and do some cooking! Doesn't that sound perfect?

2 comments:

Vigleik said...

Congratulations! You deserve a break now, you really do.

Oh, and can I have a copy of your thesis? I only have a few of the pages from an old version and I'm curious about how the final version turned out.

Fashion said...

nice post visit me
http://sexy-bikini-lingerie.blogspot.com
http://sexybikinilingerie.blogspot.com