Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sour Cream-Bran Muffins (Page 642)

  • Saturday, May 12, 2007 -- 10am
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: Matty's Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Matty
  • Recipe Rating: A-


I bought the ingredients for these muffins a while back, so I figured it was about time to make them. They were tasty. They had a good nutty bran flavor and the right concentration of raisins. Unlike many bran muffins, they weren't too dense. The sour cream provided a richness and tang that went well with the bran. My only complaint is that they were a little too chewy for my taste. I would have preferred a slightly tenderer muffin. They were very good though, and I would certainly make them again.

Another relaxing post-thesis weekend! Today Matt attempted to teach me to drive stick shift. It went about as well as one could have hoped. I learned how to get the car into first gear, and from first into second. I'm pretty good in the empty parking lot, but as soon as there are other vehicles around I get a little too nervous to drive smoothly. It was my first lesson though. I think with more practice it will come together.

Tonight I went bowling with Ricky, Matt, and Matt. One of the Matts and I had a small wager on each of the two games and I lost both of them! Very disappointing. The first game I lost by a fairly narrow margin, but the second game I got creamed. I bowled badly that game and Matt bowled extremely well... what can you do?!? I do love bowling though! One of my goals for the summer is to bowl more. I haven't beaten Matt yet. We tied once, but I want to pull out a win!

8 comments:

vero said...

This two Matts thing is quite confusing. So I've decided to rename one of the Matts. The new name : Billy! Now I just have to decide which Matt to rename. Oh yes, and have it catch on.

Any suggestions?

Teena said...

Hmmm... Billy is a good idea. I think Matt G is more of a Billy, no?

Anonymous said...

Thoughts:

1) I thought there had already been some discussion of this, with suggestions:

a) Matt and Matthew
b) Matt and Matt' ("Matt prime")
c) Matt the Elder and Matt the Younger

Now, b) is sort of hokey and c) takes its inspiration from the pseudo-discipline of "Classics", hence should be rejected out of hand. What to do, what to do...

2) Matt G has been known to answer to "Boris" on rare occasion.

3) Matt H is definitely more of a Billy.

--A completely disinterested party

vero said...

I just thought of something : we need a new Tyler!!!! I think Matt G might need to take the job.

So from now on

Matt H. = Billy
Matt G. = Tyler

Although we might want to wait until the current Tyler is off before we implement this.

Mike Hill said...

"I also went to the gym today, and whom did I see but my best friend ever, Mike! Man, is he looking good or what?"

Mike Hill said...

We could also take a page out of the Book of Mike[s]: Big Matt and Matt / Miss Homotopy Theory.

vero said...

Mike is right. But I think we should replace everyone's name by "big ---". Big Teena. Big Tyler. Big Jacob. They all sound great! (Except for big Haynes. That does not work for me.)

So here's my vote
Matt H. = Big Billy
Matt G. = Big Tyler the second

I really like "big Teena"!

All the cool kids will use it!

Addendum: Am I the only one that is having trouble copying down the letters in the "Word Verification" thing? I'm starting to think I might be dyslexic.

Teena said...

I refuse to be known as "Big Teena". The rest of it sounds ok though.