Monday, August 13, 2007

Blueberry Syrup (Page 646)

  • Date: Sunday, August 12, 2007 -- 12pm
  • Location Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: Matty's Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Ricky
  • Dining Companions: Matt, Matty, Ana, Wes, Glen, Genevieve, Alex, and Gunther
  • Recipe Rating: A-


I picked this syrup to be served with pancakes and French toast at our brunch extravaganza on Sunday. It was very simple: just blueberries, maple syrup, and lemon juice. As you might imagine with those ingredients, it tasted good. The maple flavor was subtle in the syrup -- the blueberries were definitely the focus. But that subtle maple flavor gave the syrup a depth that sugar alone wouldn't have. This syrup also had a good consistency and texture. It was tasty both on pancakes and on French toast. I would certainly recommend it if you are looking for a blueberry syrup.

This syrup is the syrup from this recipe.

Well, the big move is in the morning, so today I ran around like a crazy woman trying to get everything done that I needed to get done. I more or less completed my various checklists. Highlight of the day: fighting with the woman from the gas company over the phone. She insisted that the people who lived in my new apartment last year didn't have gas service (in fact, she insisted that my apartment doesn't exist). I insisted that since the heat is gas heat, they must have, as winter in Indiana without heat would be cold. It went on like this for a while. The disagreement is still unresolved.

I am packed though, and quite early tomorrow morning I will pick up the truck to be loaded and driven to Indiana. Fun, fun!

Tonight, for my last night in Boston, Matty and I went bowling with his brother Wes. I bowled TERRIBLY, but we still had a good time drinking beer and hanging out in the bowling alley. It was a good activity for my last night living here...

No comments: