- Date: Thursday, August 2, 2007 -- 8pm
- Location: Somerville, MA
- Kitchen: Matty's Apartment
- Fellow Chef: Matty
- Recipe Rating: A-
Matty wanted pancakes for dinner last Thursday, so we had pancakes for dinner! These whole-grain pancakes were good. They weren't your typical fluffy pancakes. They were denser and more bread-like. They actually reminded me a lot of a flatbread, and it occurred to me more than once that they would be a nice accompaniment to Indian food. But, they were pancakes, so we drowned them in syrup (Matty) or butter and sugar (me) and enjoyed them! The whole grain gave them a lovely nutty flavor, and the cornmeal added a subtle corn flavor. They were also very moist, which was a plus. I'm not usually a fan of whole wheat pancakes, but these I really liked. The whole wheat also gave the pancakes the illusion of being healthier, which made me feel slightly better about eating them for dinner. They were very tiny, which was a nice change. It was very satisfying to eat a whole bunch of them. Yum!
There is no recipe for this one online.
Today was my last day in Norway. Now I should be packing. My flight is pretty early tomorrow morning. So only a quick summary this evening.
1. got dressed, ate breakfast, took the train to campus
2. 2 lectures
3. lunch at a vegetarian restaurant we went to almost every day
4. 2 more lectures
5. ate slice of carrot cake
6. one more lecture
7. made dinner of pasta with garlic, salami, and cheese for me and Vero
8. walked through crazy sculpture garden with Grace. saw many sculptures of piles of babies
10. wrote in blog.
That's all -- now it's time to pack and go to bed. Goodnight! Tomorrow: back to the US!