Saturday, August 18, 2007

Ruth's Pancakes (Page 645)

  • Date: Sunday, August 12, 2007 -- 12pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: Matty's Apartment
  • Fellow Chefs: Matt and Ricky
  • Dining Companions: Matty, Wes, Alex, Gunther, Glen, Genevieve, and Ana
  • Recipe Rating: A-


These pancakes were part of our brunch extravaganza last weekend. They were quite delicious -- it would be hard not to be with that much butter! Matt and Ricky did a beautiful job cooking them so they came out slightly crispy around the edges, and perfectly cakey and moist on the interior. The delicious buttery flavor of these pancakes was complemented nicely both by maple syrup and by the blueberry syrup in The Book. I would feel a little guilty making this pancake recipe too often (they are genuinely terrible for you), but for a special occasion, these pancakes are the way to go. Simple, delicious, and of course: buttery.

There is no recipe for this one online.

This evening I am back in Boston. The crazy August travel schedule included for today: a drive from Bloomington to Columbus Ohio (4 hours), a flight from Columbus to New York City, and then a flight from New York to Boston. I am only in Boston for the night, before heading up to rural Maine in the morning. This reminds me: blogging might be pretty sketchy for the next week or so. Apparently the internet hasn't made it to rural Maine yet, so I am told I may have to go without. Craziness! I can't imagine I will survive a week completely without internet, so you will hear from me when I get in the car and drive aimlessly until I find somewhere or someone with wireless access I can borrow! Next weekend it is back to Boston, then back to Columbus, then back to Bloomington, so I can start teaching a week from Monday! When I came up with this plan I was wary that it was too crazy to work, but so far the travels/moving have gone off without any major problems. Hopefully that fine luck will continue!

No comments: