Sunday, August 12, 2007

Breakfast Pizzas (Page 639)

  • Date: Sunday, August 12, 2007 -- 12pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: Matty's Apartment
  • Fellow Chefs: Gunther, Ana, and Matty
  • Dining Companions: Wes, Matt, Ricky, Genevieve, Glen, and Alex
  • Recipe Rating: B-



We had a big brunch extravaganza today, and this recipe was part of our spread. This recipe sounded really promising: a pate brisee-like crust, topped with cheese, bell peppers, onions, ham, and an egg. It wasn't bad, but it also wasn't as good as I thought it would be. This was meant to be a twist on ham, eggs, and biscuits, and I don't think it was completely successful. The main problem was the ratio of ingredients. There was a lot of crust proportional to the other ingredients, which made the dish taste dry. Also, the crust was really rich so having so much of it seemed over the top. More toppings would have been an improvement. Also, the pizzas were cute, but although they were visually appealing some people found the egg in the middle a little off-putting. Overall this dish was fine, but I wouldn't make it again.

There is no recipe for this one online.

The thing about moving is that the To Do lists never seem to end. In Oslo I made a bunch of To Do lists for the days surrounding my move. I have been diligently working on them each day, but the problem is that for every thing I finish, I think of at least three more things to add. I wish I had a few more days. I think it would help tremendously. But, you work with what you've got. I am close enough to ready that I figure my move will go pretty smoothly even if I don't finish every last checklist. I am moving first thing Tuesday morning, so tomorrow I have got to just do as much as I possibly can, and that will be that! Unfortunately a few of the more essential tasks haven't been completed yet. For instance, even though we are driving to Indiana starting Tuesday, I haven't yet figured out how to get there. Whoops! I'll put that near the top of the list for tomorrow. Ok, thinking about this is stressing me out. Back to my lists...

No comments: