Sunday, August 05, 2007

Lamb Chops with Mustard Sauce and Fried Capers (Page 504)

  • Date: Monday, July 30, 2007 -- 8pm
  • Location: Southborough, MA
  • Kitchen: Richard and Anita's House
  • Fellow Chef: Matty
  • Recipe Rating: A


Matty chose this recipe for dinner last Monday. He is such a good sport about always eating whatever I put in front of him, that I figured for once I should ask him what he would like most for dinner. He chose this recipe and it was AMAZING. I actually considered giving this dish the first A+ of the project. We started with some beautiful lamb loin chops and they were cooked very simply on the stovetop to medium rare. They were then covered in a beautiful mustard sauce which was flavorful, creamy, and delicious and topped with some crispy fried capers. It was perfection. The mustard sauce and capers complemented the flavor of the lamb meat fantastically. Plus, the sauce was absolutely perfect in texture and had a nice depth of flavor. We started with great ingredients and we ended up with a great final product.

It is a crying shame that this recipe does not appear online on epicurious.

Hello from Norway! I am so exhausted. Due to my (slight) fear of flying, I find it impossible to sleep on planes. So I haven't slept now for quite some time. It's Sunday night in Norway now, which is confusing on many levels. One, it is 2pm Sunday afternoon Boston time, two, I haven't slept since Saturday morning, and three, the sun is still out like it's mid-afternoon. Apparently Norway gets many hours of sunlight this time of year, which will no doubt be fun every night except tonight, when all of us are horribly jet-lagged and want to go to bed early.

The plane rides were long but largely uneventful. On the second flight I managed to dump an entire cup of Sprite in my lap, soaking through both layers of my dress and the seat I was sitting on. The net results were two very wet, sticky legs, and the appearance that I had peed in my pants. Mike helped matters by telling people that I had. Ah, yes. Anyway, we all made it here safely, and went to a nice reception this evening before the conference starts tomorrow morning.

No comments: