Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Bechamel Sauce (Page 880)

  • Date: Friday, July 27, 2007 -- 7pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: Matty's Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Matty
  • Recipe Rating: A-

I chose this one because I already had all the ingredients. I find plain Bechamel to be a bit of a bore, so we made the Mornay (Bechamel + cheese) listed as a variation (with half parmesan and half gruyere). As you can see, we then served it over broccoli. It's hard to say much about this recipe. It was good. It tasted like Mornay. Cheese sauce is always delicious. The texture was spot on (smooth, thick) and the cheese provided a lovely flavor without overwhelming the Bechamel base. It was good. If you like Bechamel or Mornay, this is a good recipe to use.

Here is the recipe.

I went to my last Topology Seminar at MIT today. OK, that's not really true. I am sure I will be visiting sometime and attend seminar again. But today was my last seminar as an official MIT topologist. The MIT topology group is big on seminars. We have the Topology seminar, Babytop, Juvitop, and for part of the year: Pretalbot. Today I was trying to figure out how many of such seminars I have attended over the last 5 years -- at least 3 seminars a week, 15ish weeks per semester, 10 semesters (plus the summer seminars). That's a lot of seminars! It has been great to be surrounded by such an active group of topologists. I will definitely miss the many MIT seminars (and the MIT topologists!) when I move.

No comments: