Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Vanilla Confectioners' Sugar (Page 674)

  • Date: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 -- 7pm
  • Location: Bloomington, IN
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Recipe Rating: B+


This sugar is a component of a cookie recipe that I hope to make later this week. There is not much to this recipe. It has two ingredients: powdered sugar and a vanilla bean. Directions: chop up the vanilla bean, stir into the sugar. That's it. It's hard to even call that a recipe. It's also hard to grade. I don't know. Sugar tastes good. Vanilla tastes good. Sugar infused with vanilla tastes good. I suppose I will have more comments about this once I make the cookies.

This "recipe" is not online.

Today was one of those days... My classes this morning were just awful. I didn't eat my usual breakfast, so by 10:30 I was starving. Since I teach from 10-12, this was not a good thing. I am usually very careful to not make mistakes on the board, but today I was just off my game. It made me realize very concretely how difficult it is for me to think when I am hungry. Oh well! What is done is done...

I left work around 4pm this afternoon to come home and rest for a bit. After my little nap (and a big lunch!) I felt a lot better. Tonight I had dinner at Mike and Teresa's which was fun! They have adorable dogs, and I had a great time just sitting around talking with them and Tricia. It was a nice evening after a lousy day.

No comments: