Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream (Page 852)

  • Date: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 8:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: My Parents
  • Recipe Rating: C+

This is the aforementioned chocolate ice cream for my mother. I know it's difficult to believe that homemade chocolate ice cream could be bad, but I just don't like this one. The chocolate flavor is overwhelmingly intense and the texture is really gummy, so somehow the net result is like eating frozen chocolate frosting. It's just not so appealing. I can see how some people might like it, but it just doesn't do it for me.

I had a really horrific date last night. It wasn't the unfortunate series of events that made it so bad though, it was the fact that I behaved incredibly childishly in response to said events. I wasn't particularly impressed by either of us last night, but between the two of us, I definitely behaved worse.

This morning, laying in my bed, feeling sorry for myself, I called the person least likely to baby me to give me a pep talk. His comments in a nutshell: "Try to have some perspective, get your ass out of bed, and get on with your day." This friend has the charming quality of always telling me exactly what I don't want to hear. He is more a source of tough love than sympathy. Sometimes, like this morning, that's exactly what I need. I did get out of bed, and I went for a good run. Plus, I put on my favorite sweatpants. They are lined with really soft, flannely stuff. I have a theory that it is impossible to have a bad day while wearing these pants. In the end, my day wasn't bad. There aren't many woes that sweatpants, a good long run, and some Janis Joplin can't cure...

No comments: