Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Oatmeal Cookies (Page 664)

  • Date: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 10:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Recipe Rating: B-

I picked these cookies because I didn't have to go to the grocery store in order to make them! This recipe is not a winner though. The cookies came out much too doughy, and not nearly oatey enough. They have hardly any flavor. Plus, they aren't so cute. The recipe for oatmeal cookies on the Quaker Oats package is much better than this one! You know, most of the stuff I have made in this project has been pretty good, but I haven't been super impressed by the cookies in this book so far. Maybe I just have higher standards for cookies!

Today was a long day (13 hours at the office!), but a good day. My thesis advisor is in town from Japan for 3 days, so we spent much of the day working together (computing Mackey functor Ext groups!). The rest of the day was mainly consumed by my 18.03 students, who have an exam tomorrow.

This has been a good week so far. Last week was so weird, and this weekend I was really crabby. The last few days though I have just been in a great mood. I feel as though I have really been able to appreciate all the things that are wonderful about my life. When I was in college, Emilee and I would sometimes try to have attitude adjustments about things we were unhappy about. For whatever reason I would always stand on a chair when trying to adjust my attitude. I still do that sometimes. It gives you a different perspective on the world, being up so high. That was one of the best skills I learned in college: how to find and attach to a good perspective on a bad situation. I didn't know how to do that when I was younger. I was so crabby this weekend, about such stupid stuff. When I woke up Monday morning, I spent 10 minutes thinking about all the valuable things to come out of the situations that were making me so upset. And ever since, I have felt so much better. It's strange how powerful it can be to just tell yourself that you are going to view your life differently...

Ok, I am exhausted. I am going to crawl in to bed and sleep!

No comments: