Friday, March 03, 2006

Parmesan Balsamic Vinaigrette (Page 172)

  • Date: Thursday, March 2, 2006 - 7pm
  • Location: North Conway, NH
  • Kitchen: The "Talbot" House Kitchen
  • Fellow Chefs: Stacy, Joachim
  • Dining Companions: Chris, Mike, Vigleik, John, Vero, Andre, Jacob, and 15 other Mathematicians!
  • Recipe Rating: A-

I held a "vote" (more like a very loud debate) to pick the salad dressing. The result of this argument was the Sherry-Walnut Oil Vinaigrette. But, much to my dismay, the lovely North Conway grocery store didn't have walnut oil. So, we had to settle for our second choice: this one. It was very good though. I liked the combination of the balsamic vinegar, parmesan, and basil quite a lot. I dressed a big chicken, walnut, and parmesan green salad with it and it was quite good.

For dinner last night we had lasagna, potato-leek soup, salad, and carmelized onion and brie crostini with bananas foster for dessert. Tonight I am ordering pizza! Cooking five nights in a row for 23 people was enough for me -- I need a break!

Here's a picture of the true Talbot experience: Vigleik drinking a beer.

Last night was a weird night. First, in the process of climbing over a sofa I did something amazingly horrible to my neck. It took a long, long time and some drugs for the spasms to stop. Mike, Vigleik, Vero, and Chris took good care of me though. Just as I was starting to feel ok, a strange car pulled up in the driveway and a near-hysterical woman told us to call 911. A small ways up the street another car had driven in to an electrical pole and the car was engulfed in flames. A bunch of people here went out to the scene to try to help. Fortunately, it appeared that everyone had gotten out of the car before the fire overtook it.

Today is the last full day of Talbot, so everyone is starting to think about packing up and returning home. It was such a fun and productive week, but I am still looking forward to being back in Boston without any serious traveling for a while.

No comments: