Thursday, March 09, 2006

Cream Cheese Ice Cream (Page 855)

  • Date: Thursday, March 9, 2006 - 10pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Mike, Vigleik, Shihchi, Marco, Josh, Vero, Jacob, Alex, and Ana
  • Recipe Rating: A

I picked this recipe because I am having a few people over for a potluck dinner on Sunday, and I thought this ice cream could accompany whatever people bring for dessert. Just from reading the recipe I wasn't too excited about it, but actually this ice cream is fantastic. I really, really like it! The cream cheese adds an amazing and unique tang, which is accentuated by the addition of lemon juice. The ice cream came out rich, and creamy, and wonderful. It looks a little melty in the picture, but that's because I took the photo right after I took it out of the ice cream maker and before I put it in to the freezer to harden.

Tonight a bunch of us went out for a prospective dinner. When prospective students who have been admitted to the math graduate program at MIT come to visit, we get together a bunch of graduate students and go out to dinner. Tonight we had two prospectives with us: one from Harvard and one from The University of Maryland. These dinners are always fun -- plus the department pays for it! We spent most of our meal this evening screaming about politics. It always strikes me as amusing how riled we all can get even when everyone at the table is essentially on the same side of the argument. Hopefully we didn't scare off the prospectives!

Yesterday I finally made some time to go to the gym. I hadn't been in about 2 and a half weeks, which is probably the longest I've gone without working out in more than a year. When I don't workout for a while I start to feel really sluggish and generally sort of bad. Plus, running really improves my mood. I had a fantastic workout yesterday, and I felt so good when I woke up this morning! I'm telling you all this so that you can keep me accountable: I really want to get back in to my every other day workout routine. Now that I am done traveling for a while, I think I should have a little more time. I love to run, but sometime my running suffers when work gets a little crazy. I am going to really make an effort to make some time though. I am already looking forward to my run tomorrow!

No comments: