Saturday, March 25, 2006

Spinach Salad with Gorgonzola Croutons and Bacon Twists (Page 139)

  • Date: Friday, March 24, 2006 - 8:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Cotton
  • Recipe Rating: A-
Cotton picked this one out. This salad was extremely good. Cotton pointed out that it's a shame we can't grade the croutons separately, because they deserve an A+. The gorgonzola croutons were awesome! Although we ate this salad as a first course to our meal, it is intended as a main course salad, and I think it work quite well that way too. I'm usually not a fan of the dressing on these types of spinach salads, and I was certainly skeptical when I saw that this dressing contained mayonaise. However, the dressing came out both flavorful and light. All in all, an excellent salad, and one that I hope to make again soon!

Spring break starts today and I am so excited! In reality it doesn't make a huge difference -- I will still try to get a lot of work done over break. But not teaching, and not having any classes gives me so much more freedom in my schedule! I could even sleep in if I wanted to! Then again, today I got up at 5:30am, so I guess I am not really taking advanatage of my break yet! Hopefully I will also have time to do some cooking over break... The last week was so busy that I just couldn't find much time to cook. It was a great week though. My advisor was in town and we had a really encouraging talk. Plus, it's always mathematically very helpful to see him, and generate some new ideas with him for directions to go in my research.

I have three non-mathematical goals for my spring break. One, buy a new phone. Yesterday I was talking on my cell phone with Mike and I accidentally broke it in half (I kid you not!). Shockingly, it still works, but it's only a matter of time... I think I am going to get a new one today. Two, organize Food for Thought (more on this a different time). And three, figure out what to do about my car. So my parents have generously offered me the chance of getting my mom's car. It's in Wisconsin though, so I have to figure out if I want to go there and get it, or have someone bring it to me, or what.

No comments: