Monday, March 13, 2006

Pasta with Asparagus Lemon Sauce (Page 205)

  • Date: Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 7:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Mike, Vigleik, Shihchi, Marco, Josh, Vero, Jacob, Alex, and Ana
  • Recipe Rating: A-

I chose this because I needed a vegetarian pasta dish for last night's potluck dinner, and this fit the bill. It didn't sound particularly good to me but I actually ended up liking it quite a lot. It is very simple: just penne and asparagus tips in a pureed asparagus sauce with lemon and cheese. The asparagus flavor was nice though, and not as overpowering as I might have imagined it would be. The sauce thickened up nicely when the cheese was added, giving it an almost creamy texture. Overall a simple, tasty pasta dish!

I bought a little filing cabinet at Staples on Saturday. At dinner last night, I somehow convinced everyone to assemble it for me! It was really great. Mike was the contractor for this project, and he delegated tasks to the other 8 or so people in the room. A few people seemed not so excited about this project (Ana: "You call this a party?"), but many people seemed almost like they were having fun! It went really fast though. They were able to do in well under an hour what would have taken me several hours for sure. My contribution: I took dessert orders and served up dessert for the people doing the real work! The top picture is Mike, Josh, and Marco, busily working. The bottom one is the assembled filing cabinet, with everyone (except Marco) who helped assemble it.

1 comment:

ana rita said...

I did have fun! but it was certainly the first party where there was furniture assembling
:)