Sunday, April 30, 2006

Blueberry and Nectarine Buckle (Page 816)

  • Date: Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 6pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Pierre, Kay, Marco, Monica, Ben, Elizabeth, Christopher, Frederic, etc...
  • Recipe Rating: B+
Pierre and Kay had a little wine and cheese gathering at their place, so I made this to bring with me. I was worried about it while it was baking, because it looked really unappealing. Even when it was done, it was not at all a pretty dish. The taste was very good though, and it came out nice and moist. I like buckle a lot and this cake didn't disappoint. The topping was appropriately crispy with a great flavor and the topping to cake ratio was good. I used frozen wild blueberries instead of fresh ones, which worked fine. And I discovered when I went to the store that nectarines are out of season, so I used frozen peaches. Frozen fruit is great for baking though, and it was not a problem at all.

I'm beginning to think that no one reads my blog any more, since no one ever writes comments! That's fine with me, but it does make me feel like I should tell some really outrageous story here and see if anyone reacts. I thought of a few possibilities, but they were all horribly mean (e.g. pretending I had some terminal illness and announcing it on my blog). None were as mean as Mike convincing his little sister that she was adopted by producing fake adoption papers (yes I'm serious! I just learned this last night...), but still...

I have been eating so much candy lately that I think I have grown addicted. I'm at work right now, and craving SweeTart Chicks, Ducks, and Bunnies (part of the stash from the post-Easter raid of the Target candy aisle). Never mind that it is 9am, which is not really a good time of day to eat a lot of candy... I already finished all but 3 pieces of the Winegums from Jacob (I am saving those 3 so I feel like I didn't eat them all). Most of the Easter candy is gone too. It's a little bit gross. Once the Easter candy is gone, I plan to not buy any candy for a week or so. I think I need to detox!

2 comments:

Vigleik said...

Maybe you should put up a counter. Then you'll see that people really do read your blog.

Teena said...

Your ideas intrigue me...