Sunday, April 23, 2006

Cognac Syrup (Page 720)

  • Date: Friday, April 21, 2006 - 9:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Paul, Alex, Marco, Mike, John, Sophie, Vigleik, Shihchi, Vero, Cotton, Jessie
  • Recipe Rating: A-

This was a component recipe for my birthday trifle for Saturday night. It's just a simple syrup, heavily flavored with brandy and some orange zest. The recipe calls for Cognac, or other brandy, so I just used some brandy that I had in my cupboard. The syrup had a nice, strong flavor and contributed both flavor and moistness to the Cranberry Cognac Trifle that it was a part of.

My birthday is Monday, so I had my annual black tie birthday party on Saturday night. It was fun to get together with my friends, all dressed up! I think some people don't like this tradition so much, but I love it! We ate hors d'oeuvres, drank a lot of wine, played taboo, and ate trifle! Everyone looked great! Mike came in amazing attire, as usual! Two years ago he wore his whole tuxedo. Last year he wore his tuxedo minus his tuxedo shirt. And this year: an amazing high-slit dress! It was gorgeous and he looked great in it. It was quite an experience sitting across the room from him though -- the dress was a little obscene!

I made seven different recipes from The Book for my birthday party, so I will be blogging about them for a while!

No comments: