Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Buttered Baby Spinach (Page 578)

  • Date: Monday, April 17, 2006 - 7:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Paul
  • Recipe Rating: B

Paul picked this one because he likes spinach, and it seemed quick (we were really hungry...). It wasn't bad -- just a little boring. As the name suggests, it is just wilted baby spinach in butter. We put some good Australian Murray River pink flake salt on it, which helped. For a vegetable dish that only takes 5 minutes to make, this one isn't bad! But don't expect anything too exciting.

After dinner last night we went to Target to raid the Easter candy aisles! Everything was 50% off and they had a truly amazing amount of candy. We didn't succeed in finding caramel Hershey kisses (which I really wanted) but we did get 5 other bags of candy. Mmmmm... candy...

Today I was really tired. Being that tired made me realize how infrequently I let myself get so sleep deprived. It was really unpleasant. I felt really groggy, which was annoying, but more than anything I just couldn't focus. It's hard to get any work done in that state. Finally this afternoon I surrendered and took a long nap. Now I feel a million times better. I am going to try to get a lot of sleep tonight!

No comments: