Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Parmesan Chicken (Page 356)

  • Date: Monday, April 17, 2006 -7:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Paul
  • Recipe Rating: B+

I suggested this one because I have been meaning to make it for a while. I like this sort of dish a lot: chicken breasts dredged in something that becomes crispy in the oven. In this manifestation the chicken breasts were coated in a mustard and vinegar mixture, then dredged in English muffin crumbs and parmesan cheese. They came out very tasty: tender and moist inside and nice and crunchy on the outside. Also, very flavorful. Aside from making a yummy dinner last night, they reheated well in our little toaster oven to make a great dinner tonight too! This is another dish that isn't fancy, or impressive, but is quite simple to make and very tasty!

So I was talking on the phone tonight with a friend and he told me something horrible that a complete stranger had said about me. Maybe I shouldn't be insulted by something said by someone who has never met, or even seen, me. But I am a little bit. I can't fault my friend for telling me what she said -- I accidentally asked about it (not knowing that the situation had anything to do with me). It's just weird for me to think that someone that I have never met has bad things to say about me. It got me wondering if I ever speak badly of strangers. I can think of a few situations when I have, and now I am regretting ever having thought, more or less said, those things...

No comments: