Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Cranberry Jam (Page 719)

  • Date: Friday, April 21, 2006 - 9:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Paul, Alex, Marco, Mike, John, Sophie, Vigleik, Shihchi, Vero, Cotton, Jessie
  • Recipe Rating: A-

This was another component to the trifle I made for my birthday party on Saturday. The jam was quite good: not overly sweet. The vanilla bean added a great flavor, and the orange juice complemented the cranberries well. I don't have a food mill so I just forced the jam through a double mesh strainer with a wooden spoon, which seemed to work ok. The jam added a nice tartness to the trifle, and though it was the only component with cranberries in it, it gave the whole dish a nice cranberry tang. I suspect that this jam would also taste great on toast or scones!

So here are a few more pictures from my black tie birthday on Saturday! I should have taken more pictures of everyone in their fancy clothes, but I kept getting distracted!

Yesterday was my actual birthday and I had a nice, low key day. I got some really awesome presents. Jacob even bought me Winegums -- gummy candies that I love but I don't know where in Boston one can acquire them. Plus, I got beautiful flowers sent to my office which always guarantees a good day! Last night I went out to dinner with some friends at a new Thai restaurant in Inman which was quite good. Then we went to Christina's for ice cream, which is never bad! Overall, a very nice, very relaxing birthday!

No comments: